Finding Fozzie a new home
Fozzie is a thoroughbred standard poodle, 1 year and 8 months old. He was originally owned by a very loving dog mom who is unable to care for him because of frail old age and illness. We, her son and daughter in law, have fostered him for the last 3 months, but are unable to adopt him due to incompatibility with our lifestyle and travel. He is wonderfully loving, affectionate, affable, playful and seems to get along with all people and dogs. Like most poodles, he is extremely smart, as well as very sensitive. We are looking to find him a new home where he can get the great deal of consistent love and attention as well as the activity and exercise that he needs. Most of all he wants to play and run, he is very athletic and has shown great potential as a trail dog. More info below.
- Up to date with vaccinations including rabies vaccine
- Toilet trained
- Not properly obedience trained, but knows 'come', 'sit', 'stay'.
- Very obedient and submissive and eager to please.
- Not super experienced with kids, but once used to them would mostly likely be great with them.
- Not experienced with cats. Tends to chase them, but could probably learn to co-exist with them with some training.
- Bicycle compatible! Proven able to run safely (thus far!) beside a bicycle at speed on/off leash, on road, sidewalk and on trails.
- Great to jog with, on/off-leash, is good at staying on the trail when off-leash.
- In great shape, no health problems. Has great teeth from chewing lots of bones.
- So great with other dogs, could be awesome living with other dogs as part of a duo, trio, or pack.
- Not hip to playing ball. Loves to chase it but often loses sight of it (hair in his eyes?) and when he has the ball doesn't know to return it 'drop it'. Could learn?
- So excitable. He can tend to jump on people when he first meets them, or if he's riled up. Hopefully can be trained out of this.
- Currently on a raw food diet (1/2 wet 1/2 dry) with regular bones and dried animal-part treats.